I’m so excited to share this fragment with you! It’s the last
of the long ones (we have a few others, but they’re only a few words or letters
and don’t mean anything much). So, basically, this is the end of Esther’s
journal. Pay close attention, everyone!
I told him. … king of all Persia that I am nothing but a Jewish girl! I bared my identity … begged him to spare my people. He … said yes. That was all, only one word. Yet … in that one word I found hope of redemption. … a plan worked through my blind ignorance, guiding my steps. I’m not … savior, but I can obey and take … one step. The rest of my life … remember that moment, acknowledging who I am and what I believe to the king.
What can I say? I’m in awe. This girl—she probably wasn’t older than eighteen—is saving her entire nation from total destruction. And yet she has the humility to say that it wasn’t her that was the savior. Then who was? She doesn’t even point it straight out and say that it was God. Yet it’s clear that’s what she means. God’s the one who saved her country, using her obedience and faith. I’m not a religious person, but, wow. Esther’s faith is certainly compelling.
As a leader, too, Esther is unique. How many other leaders are humble enough to give credit to others? Plus, think back to how many obstacles she had to overcome. Yet she kept going, because she had an end goal in sight, and she knew that the outcome was certain. She trusted her god to get her through, and He worked it out. I mean, if you go with what Esther said. Either way, what happened was not ordinary. There was something going on there beyond what normal humans can do. Was it God? I don’t believe it was, though it could have been. Esther certainly believed it was, and it was her faith that led this story. Victory is here! Salvation at last!
I told him. … king of all Persia that I am nothing but a Jewish girl! I bared my identity … begged him to spare my people. He … said yes. That was all, only one word. Yet … in that one word I found hope of redemption. … a plan worked through my blind ignorance, guiding my steps. I’m not … savior, but I can obey and take … one step. The rest of my life … remember that moment, acknowledging who I am and what I believe to the king.
What can I say? I’m in awe. This girl—she probably wasn’t older than eighteen—is saving her entire nation from total destruction. And yet she has the humility to say that it wasn’t her that was the savior. Then who was? She doesn’t even point it straight out and say that it was God. Yet it’s clear that’s what she means. God’s the one who saved her country, using her obedience and faith. I’m not a religious person, but, wow. Esther’s faith is certainly compelling.
As a leader, too, Esther is unique. How many other leaders are humble enough to give credit to others? Plus, think back to how many obstacles she had to overcome. Yet she kept going, because she had an end goal in sight, and she knew that the outcome was certain. She trusted her god to get her through, and He worked it out. I mean, if you go with what Esther said. Either way, what happened was not ordinary. There was something going on there beyond what normal humans can do. Was it God? I don’t believe it was, though it could have been. Esther certainly believed it was, and it was her faith that led this story. Victory is here! Salvation at last!
No comments:
Post a Comment